Jonathan Metzelaar, Dave Cherman, and Shelly Verougstraete speculate on the potential impacts of a shortened or canceled baseball season.
- 0:40 Mild gloating about the podcast tournament
- 1:20 Intro to Shelly Verougstraete
- 3:20 Hope for baseball in 2020?
- 6:23 Impact of no minor league season on prospect development
- 8:00 Any benefit to younger players who haven’t physically developed yet?
- 11:40 Potential for restructuring of minor league system
- 13:40 For fantasy, what to do about keeper inflation this year?
- 16:00 Thoughts on prospects closer to promotion losing a prime season
- 17:30 Would 2020 mid-season call-ups potentially get full-season reps in 2021 if the season is canceled?
- 19:00 Impact of a shortened season on team roster strategy
- 23:22 Impact of a season played exclusively in Florida and/or Arizona
- 29:40 Who might benefit from a universal DH
On the Barrel logo designed by Michael Packard